Sunday, July 19, 2009

Celibacy. Or not.

"Celibacy is lonely.
Don't spend all your time wondering what you are or who you like or whether it's right for you or wrong for you.
Just let yourself be happy, before you find yourself alone. Celibate."

Calliope Iphegenia Torres




Came across this the other day while watching Grey's Anatomy. Friends of mine are having some relationship issues.

Some are broken-hearted from cheating boyfriends. Some are experiencing relationship communication impairment. Some are just enjoying the exclusivity of open relationships. Some are simply tired of the repetition of falling in and out of love that they are celibate by choice.

Yet I am still standing at the gate, waiting to enter the gay world while trying to see the silver lining.


Recently encountered someone who was rather eager to start a relationship with me after a mere 1-hour conversation. He is in Penang and I am in KL. The distance is fine. And he is a nice person. Definitely not a sex hunter. At any time, I am about ten times hornier. He told me that he was afraid of losing the chance to meeting the one. Hence the rush.

Personally I think that is just a loaded crap. You ask to start something (whatever that is, it ain't love) without any foundation at all and you're expecting it to last? What is dating for then? So yeah, I am dating.

...............................................................................................

Visited the National Blood Bank. Was explained about the donor eligibility rules (weight requirement, age, etc) when this took place. Came this close to tackling her down. I did not expect that from a professional.

Someone : How about sexual activity then?
SFB : Well, you're not eligible if you have multiple sex partners or you are a homosexual.
Me : [Raises eyebrow] How about a homosexual who has only a single sex partner?
SFB : They are not eligible as well.
Me : Why?
SFB : 'Caus--because it is just unhealthy!


Do I have to say more? Sigh.

15 comments:

Kris said...

Ahh Congratulations on dating! you are happy with it right?? And I can't believe my eyes on the truck label sign!!!! That's really discriminating...they would definitely not be allowed to post that in the U.S. or else I couldn't have given blood, so you weren't able to give blood afterall?

leekeng said...

ignore those words came out from those narrow minded people =)

ChrisZ said...

Kris,
Hey thanks! Everyone deserves to be happy albeit the potential short half-life. =)
Well they ban us in M'sia 'cause homosexuality is against the law. It's just so sickening.

Lee Keng,
Thanks! =)

Unknown said...

u're dating ?? wow! wit who! congrats! kekekeke

nah~ the rule is just stupid. Kekeke. i still give mine away as if i'm oprah giving out money! =)

ChrisZ said...

*slaps*
Of course I'm not dating. I'm open to dating. How am I supposed to date when my date is on another continent?

=P

William said...

They'll decline your blood, but not your money. Aih. Easier to say that you don't have sex at all. Avoids unnecessary follow up questions.

The process of getting to know someone is the most exciting in my opinion. Matters not if you're physically apart.

ChrisZ said...

Yea,think so too. =)

Medie007 said...

just donate if u want to. if u're clean, u are. they'll screen thru the blood anywyas.

not ethical to come from a medie, but...

ah well, don't donate. rest the case. lol

Medie007 said...

and well, apparently only national blood bank set the rule of no blood donation from gays... din see the rule in the other centres tho.

C'est la vie said...

Ouch! That's bad! How come they can discriminate against gays' blood? *roll my eyes*

the viennamese said...

Not healthy? If I was there, I would have exploded and verbally abused whoever who said that.

ChrisZ said...

Medie007,it's not really stated in print,right? I just heard it from the 'guide'.

Freedom09,i know right? Not as though they're not going to screen it anyway.

Evann,hi there! You're Aaron's friend right? I almost did too!

cYiD said...

really?
i never knew they don't accept blood from gay people!
too bad, their lost, rite? :P

ChrisZ said...

cYiD,it sure is. But it's definitely not stopping me from donating blood in the future. Screw that policy! =)

Itbeginshere said...

hey,
i stubmble apon your blog and find your blog really interesting to read. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah and congrats on ur coming out. It must be a relief to come out to your friends. take care