Tuesday, July 7, 2009

On Coming Out. Part 1.

Don't know if it is just me but I always have a thing for coming-out stories. Not until last week did I create my own. Yes, I am newly gay. Well, I have been gay my whole life. It just did not feel as strong as it is now. Bet it is all deja vu for those who have already been through it at least once. I was told it would get easier. But mine just seems like it is getting harder.


I came out to my childhood best friend 2 weeks ago. We have known each other since we were 6 or 7. We lost contact for some years. It is nice and kind of weird that we are communicating better than before or maybe it is just me. Oh did I mention he is gay too? LOL! I already knew it before I came out to him. Or maybe that was the reason why I chose to come out to him. Nevertheless, he will always be that special person.


Now here comes the bomb. I came out to someone much nearer, literally. She's a fellow coursemate and whom I met last year. I could write a 12-page essay yet I would not be able to describe how awesome she was.
Here's how it went.

Me : I need to tell you something. It's not gonna be easy for either of us though.
Honey : Yes?
Me : I just came out to my oldest friend.
Honey : Came out?
Me : Yeah. I am gay.

Honey : Damn. That's hot.
Me : LOL! It's not hot.

Honey : You're pulling my leg right?
Me : Is it really that hard to believe?
Honey : So you're attracted to boys?
Me : Yeah. Have always been.


Honey : Can i join the gay circle?
Me : Haha sure!
Honey : Hey you wanna call me and talk it over?
Me : I'm fine.

Honey : So when you wank (i'm sorry! i'm curious) you think about guys?
Me : What else would i be thinking about?
Honey : I don't know. I'm just trying to sketch it out.
Me : You're quite new too.

Honey : Hahaha. Exactly. I'm sorry if i sound like i'm treating you like a experimental subject, but i'm not.
Me : LOL!

Me : I'm thinking how I'm gonna react when I see u tmrw.
Honey : I'll sit on your lap. Just for kicks.
Me : Nooo.




Parts of our 4-hour long conversation. Thanks hun for making it so easy for me. Like I told you before, I can never be thankful enough. =)

My next one didn't go very well. Could not remember the last time I went to bed feeling that crushed and dozed off on a soaked pillow.


**To Be Continued**



3 comments:

William said...

Positive reactions cannot be expected from everyone. Go slowly. Choose well.

BB said...

so nice and brave of u. i haven't come out to anyone! not even my best fren. but i think he knows it. =)

ChrisZ said...

William,
That's the sad part, isn't it? Thanks for the advice. Taking it slow now.=)

hamster me,
Thanks. =)
Wouldn't call it an act of bravery though. Just done trying to cover up every single trail. It really does help having at least a friend on the other side with you.