Thursday, July 16, 2009

Secret Revealed.

Never imagined I would be telling another living soul about this. Then again, never thought I would ever come out. Yet here I am, years later, blogging on my very own gay blog.

I was sexually violated when I was a kid. I never knew what it was. Kids never do, do they? I was not raped or anything. I am sorry if you are disappointed. And please, leave.

He is my paternal cousin brother. Elder by 9 or 10 years? I can't remember. Or rather, I never know. I've always referred to him as **** gor gor. He is quite popular among the ladies. My aunts and also my mum and sisters. He bakes, draws, makes delicate things from color papers or wooden stuff and he is rather feminine. Typical gay traits, I suppose.

He came over to visit one day. My mum was not home but one of my sisters was. I cannot remember the whole event. I do remember him asking me to the attic. He took off his pants and asked me to rub his genitals. I complied. Not until years later did I know it was called masturbation. After the whole process, he asked me not to tell anyone. That is all I can remember of that day.


Naturally I did not feel anything. I was even in joy getting the QuikSilver watch he gave me on my birthday that very same year. He did not give it to me personally. The gift was passed to my mum instead.

It took years for me to realize what I did. What he did. I hated him. He avoided meeting with me or even making eye contact whenever we met during festives. He acted like the victim. Thinking back, I was such a coward not standing up for myself. Yes, I did think of telling my parents. Even then, I knew nothing good would come out of it. So, I kept it to myself for what could have been ten years. Somewhere along the sexual discovery path, I blamed him, the entire incident for my then weird liking for boys.

Not until a couple of nights ago, the very thought I had been trying so hard to shut away resurfaced. Apart from my being gay, this is my other big secret. Something I just need to let go. And move on. And no, I no longer hate him. Though I am still waiting for that sense of relief to hit me anytime now.



p/s: my friends always say i'm a bad secret keeper. feels strange, when i've been secretly keeping 2 for almost a decade. oops, guess they're right. i'm a bad secret keeper.

15 comments:

Shaun L said...

Move on and leave it all behind..?

Unknown said...

O_o... geez.. thr thr.. *hugs*

talk to u ltr k?

ChrisZ said...

Yes, Shaun. I'm walking away. It's always easier when you hear it from someone,isn't it? Well it took me a decade to learn how to do it. It's been dealt with. =)

L M said...

Such bad memories..
Glad that you're over with it
Jia You!
=)

Anonymous said...

That was bad.

For you it became a bad memory.

Many, many people have bad memories. Particularly those of us who were exploited or badly treated - even 'abused' some would say - it's a difficult thing. For all of us with those sorts of secrets it lies in our minds for years and I don't think we can ever leave it behind.

I would say this though, pretty damn categorically. Being asked to wank someone and doing it is NOT 'what made you gay'. It will not have had the slightest effect on the thing.

What makes us gay is probably a genetic combination. It may be helped along by some sort of 'conditioning', but I doubt it affects us much.

I believe that virtually everyone is bisexual - and that there are comparatively few who are 100% gay or 100% straight. We are mostly somewhere in between.

But that may be just a convenient scenario which helps us understand why so many, many people can react both to men and to women.

It is society which pushes us (mostly) to be heterosexual.

It is part of our job as gay men and women to try to lessen that impact on younger people who are coming to terms with feelings for the same gender.

Anonymous said...

Gosh that came out rather long! Sorry. Email me if you want to talk about it further. We are sharing something there, of course.

Anyway - thanks for Following IGB - I'm now Following you, although you may not know it! There's no Followers thing on your sidebar . .?

I've also put you on the bloglist on http://soitsgettingbetter.blogspot.com/ - it would be nice if you wanted to add me to your bloglist in return. Please!

ChrisZ said...

Wow,you're right. That did come out rather long! =D
I've put you on my bloglist as well.
Well,it's a bad memory. That's for sure. It's always better to share it with someone. Helps with the getting over and moving on,no?
I don't think it's affected my sexuality much too despite the fact that genetic combination is so far just a theory.
You sound like Aristophanes on homosexuality. =)

Shaun L said...

Cool. He's right indeed.

Sociologist perspective did point out on genetic theory.
It's known as Nature vs Nurture Debate and it differs for every individual.

Do you think you were born gay or
made gay?

ChrisZ said...

Except the particular bad memory,I was pretty much raised normally.
Born as one,I guess. Well not that it matters much at this point. Just be yourself. Choose a side and stick with it.

Darren said...

i don't think it made you gay.

but still,hugs. u didn't deserve that.

ChrisZ said...

Thanks, J. =)
Just don't think I'm messed up or anything. Haha.

Shaun L said...

Yeah.. guess you're right.

It doesn't matter as long as
you stay true to yourself

foodislove said...

stay strong pup. it's all history already ^^ the past was kinda bleak but rest assured the future will be way brighter.

ChrisZ said...

Thanks Pooh. =)
Guess they're right when they say our past will always catch up with us.

C'est la vie said...

hey, nice writing you've got here. :) Linked you. Wait for more to come.